About Dream Start up Challenege 2019-20
The ‘ Dream Start up Challenge’ is an initiative by Bhopal chapter of YI ( Young Indians ) , CII ( Confederation of Indian Industries ) & AIC-RNTU Foundation to promote Entrepreneurship & Innovation in Central India. India is in a middle of entrepreneurial tide. The entire world is sitting up and taking note of the vibrant energy possessed by Indian youth. However what we are seeing is just a tip of an iceberg. There are so many success stories that are brewing beneath the surface in the tier 2 and tier 3 towns but more often or not are nipped in the bud because the entrepreneur from smaller cities does not get the same exposure and eco system that is available to someone in cities like Bangalore, Pune, Mumbei, Delhi etc.
Dream Start up is an Endeavour to not only showcase the entrepreneurial talent that is available in a cities like Bhopal but also to support & hand hold the entrepreneurs through the process of formulating a sustainable business model and providing them with the appropriate audience that can help them take their ventures to the next level.
The Dream Start up Challenge has two components, viz
• The Business Plan Competition for ideation and early stage startups. Eligible ventures will get mentorship for 2 months before the present their B plans to a panel of Investors , industrialists & academicians to win attractive prizes
• The Start up Expo for all operating startups where they can showcase their ventures in an expo style format to Investors , industrialists & academicians
- The applicant should be Indian resident
- The venture should not be registered earlier than 1st June 2013.
- The annual turnover should not be more than Rs. 1 crore .
- Students / ideation stage startups with good workable ideas, with an intention to start the venture in near future may also apply.
The competition is deliberately restricted to Early stage and Beta stage startups in order to provide opportunity and encouragement to Young minds through Incubation and cash prizes. However, Young Indians would love to provide a platform to all the start ups, irrespective of age or financials, to showcase their potential and their hard work to the business world. Hence we encourage you to register and apply even if you do not qualify for the competition. If your venture is shortlisted, you would get an opportunity to showcase your venture to host of VCs / Angel investors, Govt officials , Industry leaders and to the world at large at the grand START UP EXPO being organized.